Saturday, February 19, 2011

PE5 Wordia


Increasing your vocabulary and learning to pronounce new vocabulary words has become easier. For both my diction and broadcasting classes there has been an emphasis on having the ability to pronounce and use words properly. As a part of diction, increasing vocabulary is very important. I chose to take these two additional classes in order to improve my podcasting and voiceover messages used in my multimedia projects.  Here I am combining Wordia with Dictionary.com to really learn new words. Here is an a example of a word defined in Wordia:



 

Here is my dictionary assignment format:

1.     Write the Word
2.     Give the syllables of the word
3.     Give the pronunciation
4.     Part of speech, i.e. vt-verb transitive
5.     Other forms of the word.
6.     Etymology-word origin
7.     Definition 1
8.     Definition 2
9.     A synonym
10. Use the word in a sentence of your own. Can use any form of the word.



This was added as an image because Blogger did not support the symbols.

No comments:

Post a Comment