Sunday, February 13, 2011

PE_2 iMovie ’09 Training

While the discussions of the somewhat clerical functions of  marking favorites, using keywords, and organizing events is useful - it is not what I am most interested in. Generally, for my purposes each project is unique and that categorizing has no real use since I am not chronically family movies or ongoing events at this time. I am sure I will find it useful in the future.

This is the instruction that I use the most and has made the most difference when working with iMovie

iMovie > Preferences and select Show Advanced Tools
  
This gives you all of the options to create picture in a picture, speed up or slow down video, and many other tools that are necessary when trying to create you own personal look.
iMovie Picture in Picture Results from Previous Work


I paid special attention to the advice to stay away from too many transition. I know when I see a lot of "special effects" in projects I find them distracting. iMovie offers a lot of special effects but it is more professional looking not to  use them.
Partial View of iMovie's many transition options.

I liked the discussion of using the Histograms and setting the White Point. I know this will come in very handy when I use photographs or video I have created myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment