Saturday, September 3, 2011

Week 1 Response to Daniela's Dragonfly Dreams Blog

 I responded to Daniela's Blog

Wk 1 Copyright and Fair Use

After watching the videos on Copyright and Fair use, I am more concerned about how much is NOT fair use. I never realized how small the widow is for all the media that is out there. I have been concerned about the copyright issues over the last 10m months, but was not sure about all the rules. I believe I too was under the top ten misconceptions. As, I believe, are most people. I find that these rules are most difficult to explain to our students, especially at the Elementary level.  However I am finding that we are going to need to educate them early so that they are aware of what the laws are since they are our 21st century learners.  Which brings up the concern that if I am still confused about what the rules are exactly how do I get it across to the them? These lines are blurry are hard to explain... 

1 comments:


Lori Buder said...
Daniela, I agree with you that the copyright and fair use issues are hard to grapple with. At first, I thought fair use was the answer. Then, I listened to the NPR interview/discussion about Shepard Fairey and found it will be decided "on a case by case basis". I doubt anyone knows what would happen if taken to court with one court overruling the other. It seems like Faerey's decision to use the image and fight the case later was the only way he could have created the "Hope" poster. What are the odds of getting a timely response to using other people's work?

No comments:

Post a Comment